Fire alarm alert transmission service
Fire alarm alert transmission service means that any alerts from the automatic fire alarm system to the Rescue Board’s alert centre.
Pursuant to the Minister of the Interior regulation "Requirements for automatic fire alarm systems and buildings from which an automatic fire alarm system fire alert must be routed to the Alert Centre”, the use of fire alarm alert transmission service is mandatory for high-risk sites, which are the following:
- accommodations providers with more than 100 users;
- health care and nursing care institutions with more than 50 users;
- places of assembly with more than 500 users;
- office buildings with more than 8 storeys;
- industrial and warehouse buildings with an area greater than 4000 m2 and which have a fire safety category of 2 or 3;
- companies’ industry and warehouse buildings with a risk of major accident, if there is an obligation that an automatic fire alarm system be installed in the building.
For the functioning of the fire alarm alert transmission system a special alert transmission device must be connected to the alarm system to ensure that the alert is transmitted from the security site to the alert centre pursuant to requirements set forth in legislation.
The service includes the following:
- receiving alert notices and transmitting them to the Rescue Board’s alert centre
- uninterrupted verification of the communication link between the device and the Rescue Board
- recording of alerts in a log
- immediate notification of customer regarding malfunctions
- 24/7 technical support and advice by telephone
Prerequisites for use of service:
- All automatic fire alarm system components must conform to and be installed in conformity with the requirements set forth in the European standard series EN-54 and the regulation of the Estonian Minister of the Interior, "Requirements for automatic fire alarm systems and buildings from which an automatic fire alarm system fire alert must be routed to the Alert Centre".
- It must be technically possible to connect the alert transmission system to automatic fire alarm system.
- The security site must have a cable Internet connection. The network devices must be equipped with backup power source.
- The automatic fire alarm system must have a 220 V power supply to ensure that the alert transmission system has an electrical supply.
- The automatic fire alarm system maintenance provider must have a valid registration in the Register of Economic Activity.
- The fire safety rules on the site must rule out the possibility of false alarms being transmitted to the Alert Centre.
The alert transmission device needed to provide alert transmission service can be leased or purchased. If leased, there is a two-year contract commitment. Regular maintenance is carried out once every two years to ensure that the system is functioning as required .The battery is replaced in the course of the regular maintenance. If G4S also provides maintenance of the automatic fire alarm system on site, the regular maintenance of the alert transmission system takes place once every two years free of charge.
Request a quote
Fill in the form and our sales representative will make you a personal Fire Alarm Alert Transmission Service offer.